Saturday, April 5, 2014

Retreat


Your probably thinking resort and spa or maybe beachside Camping  when you hear the word retreat. I do !! Why is it we have to pack a bag, fly, drive for hours to relax and just be?  I've been trying to retreat every Saturday morning, hubby leaves for work at 4:15am so I'm up and ready to start my day. Well...slowly start my day :)) 
I love early morning before sunrise making my tea grabbing my sketch, journal pad and mentally retreating into my world... No laundry, grocery shopping, meal prep, or paying bills. Just diving into what feeds my soul artistically and spiritually. 
There are answers in the stillness, in the solitude. I think we forget how important it is to simply be. Ignore our smart phones, turn off the television, and simply just be. We have so much information clouding our minds, assaulting us on such a constant basis. It really takes an effort to just sit still and emotionally unplug from it all and just be.  
I'm amazed at the ideas, spiritual growth those couple hours make .
I hope you all get a chance this spring  & summer to find your own time to retreat ~ 
              Enjoy 
                          Kat 
      My next retreat  :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment