Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Believing in your talent




One of my goals this year was to put myself out there, out where? Outside the comfort zone. Taking my designs on the road to new locations. I have my comfort zone of Trunk Shows and absolutely love it with friends and family and I feel completely blessed with those but it's time to step up my game. Pull up my big girl boots and hit the streets.

So not only did I hit the street I hit the open seas. Leaving the house 4:30am to catch the 6:15 am flyer to Avlon for the day ~ I had already found a shop I'd fell in love with each visit to the island and called ahead for an appointment. 
I walked the beautiful bay front walk around from the boat terminal to the town and Although a cruise ship was in the harbor the streets were quiet and just waking up and getting ready for its visitors. 
I had my usually self doubting butterfly's as I was approaching the shop and I quickly and calmly tried to deep breathe them away ~ once I walked through the doors the smell of coffee brewing in their bakery cafe and beautiful instrumental island music took me to an inner peace of " I'm on vacation " my first thought was thank you Lord!! 



I grabbed some green tea and waited for the owner to arrive. I admire  this very well done beautifully infused cafe/ boutique. It has a morning bakery, sushi, wine tasting, some elegant home accessories and artisan jewelry and perfumes. 
They also have a beautiful floral shop they own next door ~
Pamela the owner has an amazing and beautiful business. Our meeting went great Pamela and Shelli picked out several trays of Vintage Pretty designs for the store and for their upcoming events this coming Valentines weekend ~
        So I'm super excited to be in 
              CC GALLAGHER 
          "The art of creative living "
   I hope next time you are in Catalina you will stop by
   
           All those sayings are true ~
So put yourself out there and believe in your talent if you don't who will ? 
                    Kathy jo 
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment